Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Anyone watching...

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

The point is this: despite protestations from neocons and their camp
followers, the United States doesn't have the wherewithal to challenge any
large nuclear power, and we haven't had it for many decades.

Of course we do. But who wants to use it?

Thanks to Bush, we don't have any diplomatic clout left, either, nor can
we claim we're on the high moral road.

The situation in Georgia cannot be compared to Iraq, Afghanistan, or any
other "hot" spots".
It is unique and requires a unique response. Some say it is best to let it
resolve itself.

The Russians don't give a damn what we think about what they are doing.
They know we are not in a position to do dick about it.

At the moment, I agree. That's why we need to be prepared continuously.
It's a big, bad world out there.

--
Join the growing number of Republicans putting country ahead of party by
voting for Barack Obama ... to replace the Democratic voters switching to