JR North JR North is offline

Default Tow vehicles

Oh, you mean the Roadster? It's getting there...
JR

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:05:30 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 12, 10:01 pm, JR North wrote:
I'm happy...
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth/page1.htm
JR
don't need no steeeeenking new truck....

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:21:33 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Having mentioned car dealerships reminds me of a very unpleasant task
I have to work on, looking for a newer truck. My old Nissan (1985)
has 320,000 miles and I really think she is just about at the end.
The diff is making some odd noise and that is a sign to put her down.
My real tow vehicle is a 1988 Dodge Ram with only 140,000 miles. Her
problem is that the interior is falling apart faster than I can buy
tubes of carpenters glue to stick her back together. Problem is that
I loathe gadgetry and all that automatic crap on new vehicles. WHEN I
TURN OFF THE DAMN LIGHTS I WANT EM OFF, not some time maybe in the
next 5 minutes or maybe not until the battery runs down. I dotn want
to have to read a damn manual to figger out to unlock the doors or
roll down the windows. I want windows that ROLL down, not some stupid
motor that fails after 200,000 miles.
Even worse, I have not had vehicle payments in over 18 years so you
can imagine how I feel about paying HOW MUCH FOR 6 EFFING YEARS, ARE
YOU NUTS?
So.............I was looking at old, and I do mean OLD trucks on the
internet, like 50s era 1.5 ton trucks that have been almost restored.
These things are simple. I can fix everything on them. They have
actual engines instead of something from Area 51 designed by aliens.
Sure, they burn lots of gas but do you realize what insurance costs on
a new truck? I dont need AC, my strategy in summer is that my truck
is hotter than anywhere else I go so I always feel ok no matter hot it
is out. What do y'all think of this plan. BTW, a bonus is that my
wife would never want to drive such a thing.

HOME PAGE:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

JR, that is a real shame. I hope you get her fixed up cuz its a nice
car. I had a friend who had a really early one and he couldnt get
parts, this was in 1979, he actually had brake cyls made from brass.