Backyard Renegade

Default WHERE TO FIND EPOXY

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message ...
"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
Matt Langenfeld wrote in message

link.net...
West, Raka. System Three, E-poxy..all these are 2-part epoxies and are
not polyester. Not fumes. There is a smell but no worse than normal

glue.

What has not been addressed here is the difference between
inconvienience and problem... Polyester smells, yes that is an
inconvienience. The fumes emitted from curing epoxy although they may
not smell, are in many cases dangerous and should be addressed as well
as or even more than the smell of polyester curing. I still wear a
full "bugface" mask and gloves when using epoxy, and I do not use it
in attached areas of my home, at least not on a regular basis.

As far as I know, epoxy does not produce dangerous fumes. I remember a story
in this newsgroup about an environmental inspector, visiting a boatyard. The
man was eager to inspect the place and and write a nasty report. He then
learned the yard used epoxy only, and went away immediately, very
dissapointed.

Meindert

I hear lot's of stories... Like them at night before bed. But when it
comes to epoxy hardeners, most are extremely hazardous. Read the
lables, talk to the people who have developed real sensitivities to
the stuff, ask the DEP, ask the shippers, christ, read the F88888'
lable... Epoxy fumes are dangerous and many contain carsenogenics
(spelling not checked)... Do not use epoxy in areas where unprotected
folks will be exposed to the fumes.

Come on Paul Oman, Jaques, et al... You have been here in this group
for years, selling glues, answering carefully targeted questions, and
also sending me emails about your products. Where the hell are you
now, tell these guys what is more dangerous, polyester or epoxy. You
are an epoxy dealer, come on in on this one and give us some facts,
that's what you do isn't it? Where is Jaques, where is Kern (of course
he has been gone for a while) but wtf are the epoxy sellers on this
soooooo important thread?

Scotty Ingersoll, SmallBoats.com...