Backyard Renegade

Default WHERE TO FIND EPOXY

Matt Langenfeld wrote in message link.net...
West, Raka. System Three, E-poxy..all these are 2-part epoxies and are
not polyester. Not fumes. There is a smell but no worse than normal glue.

What has not been addressed here is the difference between
inconvienience and problem... Polyester smells, yes that is an
inconvienience. The fumes emitted from curing epoxy although they may
not smell, are in many cases dangerous and should be addressed as well
as or even more than the smell of polyester curing. I still wear a
full "bugface" mask and gloves when using epoxy, and I do not use it
in attached areas of my home, at least not on a regular basis.

All that being said, I have always been happy with Raka products and
prices.
Scotty from SmallBoats.com

Meindert Sprang wrote:
"rhys" wrote in message

I get good 1:1 epoxy at Smithcraft on Lakeshore Blvd. West here in
Toronto. They have all kinds of fiberglass as well, and all necessary
"extras".

West System is fine, but expensive by comparison.

Unless you are working indoors, it's too cold to glass until spring.
And I wouldn't glass indoors, as the fumes are pretty strong!

Fumes? from epoxy?

Meindert