Lakenut Mechanic, Brian K

Default re Wire for starter / tilt trim / etc...

Hey Matt,
just use regular old AUTOMOTIVE wire, every marina i've ever worked at
did exactly that. as long as you shrinkwrap your connections with
heatshrink tubing which you can grab at RadioShack you'll be fine.
it's also a good idea to silicone areas where your expecting them to
get wet...common sense stuff not rocket science like some woul have
you believe. i've been working on boats for 20 plus years and haven't
purchaced 1 strand of MARINE WIRE yet...unless it was a whole harness.
Good Luck! Brian K

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:41:24 -0400, "Matt"
wrote:

I have to rewire a few things on my boat, for one it's the leads off the
starter that go to the Tilt/Trim , Alternator, and selenoid near carberator.
My very simple question is do i need marine / special wire? I see it
advertised with thicker insulation or can i just go to home depot and get
some 8 and 10 gauge wire... any suggestions..

Thanks...
-Matt