[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Re-entering the 21st century

On Aug 11, 11:47*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:16:00 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

"Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. " wrote in message
m...

My problem with all water along the SE coast is they are way to soft and
you can taste and actually smell the limestone. *The water in Myrtle
Beach has got to the worst water I have ever tasted, and it is impossible
to completely rinse off in the shower.

On the other hand, NYC has the best tasting water in the world. *
Which is why they have the best tasting pizza.

I had forgotten about Florida well water and the contraptions of tanks and
salt bins used to make it useable. * Even with new carbon filters plus the
salt and something else that I can't remember, you could still smell
sulfur.

I miss the mid-winter weather, but I don't miss the water.

Water comes out of my well at 7.4PH No need for a softener. We do have a
chlorine sanitizing system so there is no taste or odor. There was a sulpher
smell to the water when we first moved in but it went away when the filter
was turned on. I didn't notice any water problems at your place but then I
don't recall drinking any. ;-)

One of the things I hate about the water at the kids houses is the
water is too soft.

I have real water - with calcium, iron and it's hard as a rock.

Which is the way water should be. *:)- Hide quoted text -

Yup, 180 foot well The aquafir we draw from supposedly comes from up
in Canada. It has a slight damp smell to it since 95% of the houses on
this side of town went to town water almost 15 years ago..