Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Re-entering the 21st century

"Jim" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. " wrote in message
. ..

My problem with all water along the SE coast is they are way to soft and
you can taste and actually smell the limestone. The water in Myrtle
Beach has got to the worst water I have ever tasted, and it is
impossible to completely rinse off in the shower.

On the other hand, NYC has the best tasting water in the world.
Which is why they have the best tasting pizza.

I had forgotten about Florida well water and the contraptions of tanks
and salt bins used to make it useable. Even with new carbon filters
plus the salt and something else that I can't remember, you could still
smell sulfur.

I miss the mid-winter weather, but I don't miss the water.

Eisboch

Water comes out of my well at 7.4PH No need for a softener. We do have a
chlorine sanitizing system so there is no taste or odor. There was a
sulpher smell to the water when we first moved in but it went away when
the filter was turned on. I didn't notice any water problems at your place
but then I don't recall drinking any. ;-)

When we first purchased the "Ranch House", the water was terrible. We had
the whole water conditioning system ripped out and replaced with a new
system that included a carbon filter tank. It worked fine, but needed
monthly maintenance, even though it was supposed to be fully "automatic" in
terms of regeneration.

But, you correct. We rarely drank water unless it was premixed with hops
and barley and came in a keg.

Eisboch