posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default plugs look too "wet"

On 2008-08-10 22:10:55 -0400, "Chuck" said:

"Chuck" wrote in message
I have a Merc 60 Bigfoot, 3-cyl outboard fitted with NGK BP8H-N-10
plugs. I think my plugs look too "wet" much like the third one shown in
the photo on the NGK website.
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...200&country=US

Although

the motor runs pretty smoothly. I running with a 130 degree
thermostat. What should I look at adjusting?

Chuck

Doesn't anybody want to know what the problem turned out to be?

scroll down................

Remember its a 60hp motor on a 24ft pontoon party boat. On the fourth
of July I had 14 people on it and THAT was the reason it felt so
sluggish and caused me to check the plugs, which is when I noticed they
were "wet." When I have a few people on the boat it cruises easily at
twenty knots. Yeah.... don't anybody say it......... go ahead..........

I won't, but thanks for the chuckle.

--
Jere Lull