posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default plugs look too "wet"

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 02:10:55 GMT, "Chuck" wrote:

"Chuck" wrote in message
I have a Merc 60 Bigfoot, 3-cyl outboard fitted with NGK BP8H-N-10 plugs.
I think my plugs look too "wet" much like the third one shown in the photo
on the NGK website.
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinf...200&country=US

Although the motor runs pretty smoothly. I running with a 130 degree
thermostat. What should I look at adjusting?

Chuck

Doesn't anybody want to know what the problem turned out to be?

scroll down................

Remember its a 60hp motor on a 24ft pontoon party boat. On the fourth of
July I had 14 people on it and THAT was the reason it felt so sluggish and
caused me to check the plugs, which is when I noticed they were "wet." When
I have a few people on the boat it cruises easily at twenty knots.
Yeah.... don't anybody say it......... go ahead..........

Ah well: live and learn.... matching prop pitch to desired cruise
speed is almost a black-art....

Brian W