posted to rec.boats.building
Heikki Heikki is offline

Default RM@30 from RM@1

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

If they can convince me there will not be a problem with abrasion at the
spreaders I may seriously look at synthetic rigging.

I have been thinking along similar lines for my project. If all the numbers
I see are right, then it might well make sense to do all the standing
rigging in synthetic rope instead of metal wire. I expect the ropes will
only get better in the next few years before I actually get to start
building my dream boat, not to mention rigging her...

But even today, synthetic seems to be an option to consider! Does anyone
here have a good reason why not?

- Heikki