Monarch Canvas

Default double hull wth rot!

Help!
I have run across an absolutley lovely 1954 Sparkman and Stephens 39ft
yawl.Double hull. Its one major problem is rot amidships from the shear to 5
planks down. The owner has tried to minimize the damage, but has deferred this
too long. I am afraid about what could be cooking between the hulls right now.
the hull is mahogany but I am thinking that marine plywood ripped to planks
would be better. ANyway figuring on replacing the whole midship section, does
any think I may be able to do this for around $10k US or less?