Drew Dalgleish

Default How to cut plastic

__
Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.
"g" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all I have a group question
I need to bake a new dashboard for my boat
it made of the usual plastic that you can get at home depot or Lows

what s a good clean, easy way to cut this?

I was going to buy a bit for my router or Roto-zip and just follow the
old one

THanks

Band saw is the best way to cut it use as slow a speed as possible.
Your router or roto-zip probably spins too fast and will just melt the
plastic instead of cutting it. Avoid using a jig saw or reciprocating
saw as the plastic will probably crack from the vibration. I like to
cut about an 1/8" outside the line then trim to the line using a wood
plane.