Goofball_star_dot_etal Goofball_star_dot_etal is offline

Default headsail furlers -the good, the bad and the ugly...sound off!

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:42:50 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 11:16:43 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 07:55:06 -0400,
wrote:

like the header sez...

I have a Harken, and it has been completely reliable and trouble-free
for over 10 years.

The Harken furler has consistently ranked near the top of tests and
surveys that I have seen. I'd recommend getting it professionally
installed by someone who knows it well.

In the fifties Lands End sold only sailboat stuff. Rigging parts,
compasses, various blocks, some by Harken. Only clothes were foul
weather gear and lifejackets.

Didn't see any shops but there were more wrecks than you could shake a
stick at.