posted to rec.boats.building
Matt Colie[_5_] Matt Colie[_5_] is offline

Default RM@30 from RM@1

Glenn,
Did you try to get help from John Fox?
If he is any kind of Sailor/NA, he did a RM curve early on in the design
phase and revised it later when he had better data.

If you can not, you have the RM@1, you have the complete offset table
and so you can calculate the motion of the center of buoyancy. This can
give you elevation of the metacenter at any angle of heel as it is
only a function of hull form.

Your RM@1 is based on an assumed CG. With 8600# of fixed ballast, that
should be close enough to be safe.

Fair Wind and Smooth Sea
Matt Colie

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Just verifying my standing rigging specs before approving my order and need
someone to confirm my calculations. All the formulas I have found for
standing rigging loads are based on RM@30 but all I have is RM@1. The
formula for RM is RM=Displacement*GM* SIN but I don't have the metacenter
height (GM) either so working backwards;
RM/GM=Displacement*SIN
therefore (I hated that word in 10 grade algebra)
GM= RM/Displacement*SIN
Substituting:
GM=1952/24,400*.01745
GM=4.58