Larry Larry is offline

Default headsail furlers -the good, the bad and the ugly...sound off!

wrote in news:6b910c73-7b03-4449-bf14-0c5ace12c168
@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

On Aug 8, 9:58 pm, mister b wrote:
like the header sez...

I like my CDI. I installed it myself twice. A couple of months ago I
took it off to tighten the headstay and am about to put it back on.

One only has to push that button in a stiff breeze when you cannot turn
into the wind to lessen the load to appreciate the worm gear drive motor on
an Amel ketch's power furler....in or out.

Don't forget to slack the sheet or you'll be sorrrriiieeee....

Roller furling works especially well when it does NOT include wrapping
little line up around a drum that looks like a cheap fishing reel to
jam...as the waves are plowing over the bow.....