Steve

Default opinions sought for full-time cruiser Tools and Spares selection

"Bruce" wrote in message
What not to bring is a better idea. I was going to take spare injectors
until the guy who owned a diesel repair facility is St Thomas told me that

spare would last 6 months at best before the tip would go bad. I didn't
take any and I never needed one.

Now that is a bunch of BS.. I'm amazed that any mechanic would make such a
statement..

A new or rebuilt injector is filled with diesel or calibration fluid and
once you seal it up in oiled rags in a zip lock bag it will last for ever..
There is just no way it can deteriorate. The spare injector I carryed around
on my last boat (same engine as now) is in perfect condition after 15 years
in storage.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions