Skip Gundlach

Default opinions sought for full-time cruiser Tools and Spares selection

"Bruce" wrote in message
You disappoint me. I was waiting for Skip to do a spreadsheet and

shopping
list of everything recommended, then buy it all and watch his boat sink

from
the excess weight. Boo hoo. I was going to sell him all the excess junk

we
hauled around for 3 years.
Bruce

LOL!!

Well, then, how about a list of what *not* to buy?? Yours should be a good
reference point, I'd expect.

That said, I'm aware of the relative availability of 'stuff' in the
Caribbean in general. However, I'd rather fix something that breaks than
hobble to someplace to have someone else do it, if I'm able and equipped. I
really don't want to carry more than I need, but, for example, a spare
starter and alternator and injectors + pump seems worthwhile, along with the
water pump parts and belts and the usual consumables.

I'd be very nervous without filters and a few other things, as well...

So, your comments on what you never used in 3 years would be welcome - as
have been the comments preceding! - thank you all, and keep them coming...

L8R

Skip, full survey on 16Feb

PS how's the rebuild coming?
--
"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a clear
night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you are