HK HK is offline

Default We've all heard of good cops and bad cops...

Don White wrote:
wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:46:51 -0400, hk wrote:

...but how often do we hear of really dumb cops?

Far too often. The whole "SWAT team" concept is out of control. If
they had some kind of evidence that the mayor's wife was a violent
criminal that warrants machine gun toting thugs to take her down there
are other ways to deal with it.
This is Waco and Elian Gonzolez all over again. ... but Reno was an
old drug warrior too.
In real life, even if it was her pot, they probably lose the case
because she didn't sign for it. The best they could hope for is to
bust mom.

What ever happened to cops in real police uniforms, not masked storm
troopers in Rambo costumes and ninja suits?

Up here the city police always wore navy blue and in the summer you'd see
them in a much lighter blue shirt.
As usual we always seem to copy what goes on down stateside so these days
they all run around in black uniforms.
I blame it on American TV. We were a bit isolated here from the influence
until cable tv came in the 70s... now it's all downhill.

There's something to be said for that. Americans seem to get off on
watching violence, but sex...that scares the crap out of them.

Violence Good. Sex Dirty.

I certainly can understand why someone would want to be a fireman. It's
heroic work. But becoming a cop? It's such a corrupt, politically
influenced institution in so many areas. After that home invasion by the
police in a nearby county, I was thinking the best thing to do with cops
is have them handle traffic and nothing else, and form some new sort of
organization to chase after criminals.

--
Republicans - They Take Special Pride in their Ignorance.