BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default We've all heard of good cops and bad cops...

HK wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:46:51 -0400, hk wrote:

...but how often do we hear of really dumb cops?

Far too often. The whole "SWAT team" concept is out of control. If
they had some kind of evidence that the mayor's wife was a violent
criminal that warrants machine gun toting thugs to take her down there
are other ways to deal with it.
This is Waco and Elian Gonzolez all over again. ... but Reno was an
old drug warrior too.
In real life, even if it was her pot, they probably lose the case
because she didn't sign for it. The best they could hope for is to
bust mom.
What ever happened to cops in real police uniforms, not masked storm
troopers in Rambo costumes and ninja suits?

FBI to Review Raid That Killed Mayor's Dogs

By Rosalind S. Helderman and Aaron C. Davis
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, August 8, 2008; B01

The FBI has launched a review of the violent law enforcement raid of the
home of Berwyn Heights Mayor Cheye Calvo in Prince George's County last
week that resulted in the deaths of the family's two dogs.

You forgot to mention that Prince Georges county is controlled by the
Democrats at all levels of government.