Paul Paul is offline

Default Where in Oswego

On Aug 7, 1:30*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:36:23 -0400, "Jeepinit"

wrote:
Hey Group!!

My Children and I are going to visits some relatives in Oswego NY. *I don't
want to go out on Lake Ontario (since I am a rookie boater) *Anyone know of
any other near Oswego lakes to go out on for the day?

1800SR Maxum

Thanks!!!

Go south on the Oswego River towards Minetto and Fulton. *It is a very
scenic 12 mile ride through the NYS Barge Canal system. *I believe the
lock permits are either free now or very reasonably priced. *Don't be
intimidated by the locks - they are very easy to negotiate. *Follow
another boat and watch their technique.

http://www.nyscanals.gov/

The other alternative is to trailer the boat further south to the
Finger Lakes region. * Skaneateles Lake is the closest to Oswego and
very popular but Cayuga, Keuka and Senneca are all worth a visit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaneateles_Lake

You are not that far from lake oneida