Frank Gerry

Default Teak Finish

I've been investigating this question for the cabin sole of my boat. From
what I've found, do NOT use
any kind of polyurethane in the interior of your boat (or the exterior for
that matter).

Polyurathane does not allow the wood to "breath". As a result, it will fail
and you will have a hell of a time removing it. The best option is teak oil
or lemon oil on all bulkheads and joinery. For the cabin sole I've decided
the best choice is to use Cetol Light.

"WaIIy" wrote in message

This has probably been discussed a million times, but it's the middle of
winter and there's more time to waste now.

Anyway, for interior teak, would a urethane finish such as a Minwax
product be alright? I've had good success with it on certain furniture.

Thanks

Ps What's the difference between urethane and polyurethane..or..
What's the "poly" in polyurethane?