[email protected] thunder@TAKEOUTgti.net is offline

Default Man dies in freak fishing accident

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:26:03 -0500, Vic Smith wrote:

Probably because it caused stuff to whiz by my head. Now if it doesn't
come free with a couple light jerks from different directions I take a
couple wraps of line around my hand and pull.

If it's a hook in wood, this won't work, but if it's a hook hung up on
rocks, this often will. Open your bail and put the line on your index
finger like you're about to cast, put a bind on the line with your rod,
then quickly release the line from your finger. The bind will put
tension on the hook, and the quick release will often cause the hook to
recoil freeing itself. Off course, maybe I should rethink this,
considering the topic of this thread. ;-)