Tom Foppiano

Default FL West Coast DIY yards

Green Cove Springs Marina is an old Navy base about 40 miles up the St.
Johns River is a DIY.

Tom
Atlantic Beach, Fla

--
"nospam" wrote in message
I'm not sure just what is you are looking for. A reasonable DIY yard
on Florida's east coast? I accidentally pulled into one in Ft. Pierce
quite recently. The people who ran it seemed nice enough but I
couldn't get out of there fast enough. I never saw a more motley
group of boat owners (looked like the Manson gang had taken up
boating) in my many years of sailing. Also, there used to be a DIY
yard on what is known as the 18-mile stretch between Florida City and
Key Largo but I don't know if it is still in operation. Try the
Homestead and Key Largo yellow pages. Good luck.

Joe