DK DK is offline

Default New Trailerboat

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:15:17 -0400, hk wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:10:23 -0400, hk wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

Although I do like the way they extended the hull through to the
bracket - that's pretty interesting.
They had to. I was studying that also. It needs those massive extensions
to the main stringers to support the weight of those engines.
The bracket is exactly the same design as the one I had on my 25-foot
Parker, just larger. The bracket is designed and built that way to add
buoyancy at the stern when the boat is at rest. What you are seeing is
NOT a bracket for the outboards resting on a hull extension, but, in
fact, the bracket itself. It is through-bolted to the transom with hefty
stainless steel bolts about every inch and a half along the flat
portion. At least it was on my Parker. Therefore, there are no "massive
extensions to the main stringers to support the weight of the engines."
It could be, but I'd suspect that Eisboch is right - it almost has to
be attached directly to the stringers. There's a lot of leverage on
that stern for it not to be supported by the hull stringers.

There is no real way to tell from the images, but I do like the
concept of extending the hull form to the bracket. One of the
complaints I've always had about outboard brackets similar to the ones
on the Vector series Hydra-Sports is that they tend to bury the engine
on take off and coming off plane. Even playing with the trim doesn't
help any.

Extra buoyancy under the bracket is a good thing - interesting
application.

There are several manufacturers of brackets with flotation chambers.
Parker uses two of them that I know of to produce its custom designs.

When I talked to Robin, she said Parker didn't do custom designs and
wouldn't do one even with a bonus.

When did that change?

crickets