Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Man dies in freak fishing accident

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:30:20 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:45:43 -0400, hk wrote:

Jaime Chicas, 21, was fishing off a jetty at the west end of Jones Beach
on Friday when his 3-ounce lead sinker came out of the water and hit him
in the face and then lodged in his brain.

Damn, that must of been one hell of a hook set. I wouldn't have thought
a sinker could have that kind of force. Knock you out, sure, but to
enter your brain?

Probably the hook/sinker got jammed in the rocks and he was horsing it
out with his Ugly Stik. What a shame. I'm going to remember this
one.

--Vic