Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Maine Passage

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:01:46 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Their incredible roster of deficiencies is primarily a function of their
openess, complete reporting, and the dynamics of this newsgroup. I doubt
that many now experienced long distance cruisers did as well on their first
long passage.

Some truth to that, however I continue to be concerned with the
unnecessary risks that have been taken. Given enough chances Murphy
and his laws will always catch up with you in some unfortunate way.

When you are crossing oceans there is no alternative but to cruise
around the clock for many days at a time. Learning to deal with the
sleep deprivation and fatigue is part of the game, not so with coastal
cruising. Bad judgement can start creeping up on you after an
extended time offshore.