Dry[_2_] Dry[_2_] is offline

Default Maine Passage - Day 5

BOB YOU RULE. Can I borrow some gas?

wrote:

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 20:22:04 -0700 (PDT), Bob wrote:

On Aug 3, 4:47Â am, wrote:
[This message forwarded from their sailmail status report.]

Day 5 - Maine Passage

Today's "crisis of the day" developed just after the last report
was sent.
 Ever since, the mast has moved tremendously in
its collar, forcing the foam rubber shock absorber, located
between an aluminum collar on the deck, and the mast, up. Â It's
what occasioned the failure (which wasn't really - we
accidentally cut it in the previous resolution of the collar
walking up the mast) of the last mast boot, requiring this new
one.

Planets aligning.........................

I'd been meaning to adjust the rigging to tighten it back up,
but something always got in the way of it, as the collar had
been put back down when we redid the mast boot. Â Out of sight,
out of mind... Â Anyway, ..

Ignoring root cause of a problem. humm I wonder why its loose? ANd
what is "loose?"

Failing mast step?