Ron Magen

Default Will epoxy cure in Low Temperature

One of the 'small things' that can cause BIG aggravation is 'curtaining' of
the epoxy.

Fastening surfaces together is no problem - horizontal or vertical. However,
a the effect of GRAVITY is inexorable. A 'fill coat', finishing coat, or
even heavily thickened 'putty', will run or 'sag' when given an 8- to
12-hour period to 'cure'.

Hopefully it will only be to the 'green' stage or a little after, but with
Murphy it's usually a little further on. YES - this is the 'voice of
experience'. If you have to work in the cold, try to 'pre-cover'/ 'pre-make'
your individual panels . . . 'on the flat'. Also remember, the 'taped seams'
{of chines, etc.}have a rather heavy 'soaking' of epoxy or filler/epoxy mix.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
SNIP

When my friend and I built a glued lapstrake dinghy in the winter, it was
often freezing. We hung 75 watt lightbulbs between the moulds and covered
the hull with a thin foam/aluminum blanket when curing overnight. Most of
the time the epoxy was cured in the morning.

Meindert