Larry Larry is offline

Default GM loses big-time

hk wrote in
:

But the prettiest awful car I ever had was an MG-A. Gorgeous, white with
red leather. Looked very pretty sitting in the driveway where I lived in
Kansas City. That's where it spent most of its time, too, sitting in the
driveway. It was a mechanical and electrical P.O.S. It was sort of like
the girl I was dating at the time...very pretty, with really nice
upholstery, but it was damned hard to start her up and keep her running.

Isn't it interesting this is the same English company that made the Morris
Minors I always loved. I had a little green saloon, a drophead coupe and
always wanted the little woody wagon but never found one I could afford on
sailor's pay.

My 37hp drophead, with its white racing stripes to match the 6 light and 8
badge bar, not to mention its 37hp monstrous 4-cylinder powerplant, was my
favorite. A little '41 Ford convertible, made in 1964.

The only thing it lost was the master cylinder in the hydraulic brakes.
The hand brake worked good until I saved up enough money to buy a new
master cylinder on my measily $100 Navy check....

There's a towtruck company downtown that has a lot of Morris and Austin
Minis....the real ones not the new BMW fake ones. They are pretty proud of
them when you ask the price....(c;