steveJ

Default trailer to cradle

I have a 24 ft ballasted sail boat sitting on a trailer that needs some
work on it.(the trailer, not the boat) I want to put the boat on a
cradle and drive the trailer to a shop that works on such things. The
boat is about 8 ft wide and has a two ft shallow shoal keel and weighs
mabey 3000 lbs total I'm guessing. My question is, short of hiring a
crane, what is the most efficient procedure for putting this boat on a
cradle where it sits? What is the best cradle design? I Prefer wood
since I don't have a welder. If it was summer, I'd launch the boat and
bring the trailer to the shop but the lake will be solid till March and
I plan on doing some major restoration to the boat this summer anyway
and probably don't want to launch it this season. Besides, the trailer
is so poor as it is that hauling to the water is too iffy.