Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Maine Passage - Day 5

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
. ..
I'm hardly a professional rigger, but I've observed lee shrouds loose on
many boats w/o adverse consequences. I think if you have the rig so taut
as the lee shrouds are tight AND you have deformed the hull to point that
you can't open a sole hatch, you have things a bit too tense.

Do you have a rigging text aboard? Maybe others with more experience on
your specific rig can chime in here.

Sounds like it to me also... no professional rigger here also, but my
experience is that the lee shrouds on my boat are not flopping around, but
they aren't humming tight either. I typically sail in 20 kts, and the
quick and dirty approach to tuning was explained to me as taking up the
slack on the lee shrouds and that's about it. Then tacking and doing the
same thing, and then doing both tacks all over again.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Not _all- the slack first time around if you want your mast to remain
upright.