D.Duck D.Duck is offline

Default Some Put-In-Bay Pics

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 19:41:11 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

wrote in message
On Aug 3, 6:46 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:56:10 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 08:02:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I try not to make my pics look posed. Sometimes when I am taking pics
of family I will have them slowly move around and just keep shooting
until I get some I like. Then again, some don't need any coaching to
tell a story.
http://trip-reports.com/coppermine/d...?album=8&pos=6

Nice one. The champ doesn't need touching up.
Those crappies are really nice.
Do you fillet them or just gut and fry?

--Vic

Crappies? I doooon't think so.

Come on Vic, you're a good Midwestern boy, you should be able to ID a
crappie.

Piffle - smallish.

That' my bud Jimi there with the one fish. He loves chasing the
Calico, he wants to break the state record. He has come within ounces
a couple of times.

Actually I think those are Crappie not Calico Bass. Or, maybe Calico is
local name for what is actually a Crappie. Here in Florida the Crappies
are
referred to as specs. I have caught Crappies in one place I fish down
here
close to three pounds. Lots of fun and great eating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crappie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelp_Bass

Two different fish - fresh water and salt.

We don't see the salt version up here very much.

Specs refer to speckled trout (also known as squeteague, gray trout,
weakfish) which is some good eatin'.

I've never heard of speckled trout here in Florida referred to specs. Seems
to be reserved for crappie. I don't do much sal****er fishing so maybe I've
just missed that nick.

The first time I did catch a trout was with a Florida native and he warned
me about the nasty tooth on the top of their mouth.