Rosalie B.

Default 24 VDC appliances?

x-no-archive:yes

Larry Weiss wrote:

Rod McInnis wrote:

the old Volkswagon Beetles used a heat exchanger off the exhaust manifolds
to heat the car! It was actually pretty nice on cold mornings, as the
heater worked almost instantly after starting the car.

Woah! I had one of those Beetles way back then. It leaked CO so bad it nearly
killed me. I would worry about any heating system that utilizes a heat
exchanger off the exhaust manifolds.

Well you do need to maintain your exhaust system of course. We had
one of those heat exchangers (still do) in one of the 1932 Plymouths.
There was just a hole in the firewall for the duct, so the passenger
got pretty hot, and the driver stayed cold. I used to deflect the
heat with a clipboard (this was in 1964, and not in 1932 BTW)

grandma Rosalie