Larry Larry is offline

Default GM loses big-time

"Canuck57" wrote in
news:sI6lk.111081$kx.65643@pd7urf3no:

Ford, hard to tell. They are on a knifes edge but the only Detroit 3
that has much of a chance if any. Depends if the "family" can
motivate lethargic management and kick some union ass real hard. Tata
would like a peace of their market and the competition fierce.

I walked into the Ford dealership to look around and a salesman came to
ask me what I'd like to see. I told him a brand new Ford Fiesta
hatchback that got 65mpg from its tiny Korean engine....just like my
friend James has that runs faultlessly since way back when he got it new
for peanuts.....

They had huge beasts with huge discounts....ONLY.

Every American car I looked at USED to be a small, easy to feed, cheap
to keep model, except for the cars that were SUPPOSED to be big. Now,
ALL the American cars, even Saturns, are HUGE!.....STUPIDLY HUGE!

Car inflation has happened at Asian cars, too....Instead of following
their hearts, they tried, unsuccessfully, to guess what Americans
wanted....ending up with such gas guzzlers as the Toyota Tundra clone of
the F-250 guzzler truck.

I looked at Hondas and they've all grown HUGE over the years....The
salesman asked what I wanted there. I told him a new Honda 600:
http://www.honda600coupe.com/
like the one I SHOULD have bought the day they came out at the Honda
motorcycle shops. It was a great little car....(c;
http://www.honda600coupe.com/Photos_..._-_page_1.html
We HAD the right cars back in the 1960's! We were just too stupid to
KEEP them! Look on this webpage at how SIMPLE the engine compartment
is...it's one-throat motorcycle carb behind the simple, air cooled,
cylinder block. That dryer hose and fan on the port side is the HEATER!
The car is AIR COOLED and has no water cooled system! It's basically a
600cc, 4-cylinder Honda motorcycle....one of those that run ALMOST
FOREVER....with electric fans cooling the heads...