Canuck57[_3_] Canuck57[_3_] is offline

Default GM loses big-time

"Larry" wrote in message
"Canuck57" wrote in
news:iM6lk.156490$gc5.149024@pd7urf2no:

Have no idea how the A/C works in them. I have one in my F150, and
really only need it for 15 days a year. But nice to have for more.
Sort of the opposite problem. But my guess is the A/C, if they have
it can't be too good, but maybe good enough to make it liveable.

Might want to rent one for 2 to 3 days.

It was 92F the day I test drove a Smart ForTwo gas one here. The $600 AC
plant slowed down the little engine quite a bit, but at 92F you can
overlook that really easy! It did a good job cooling the interior, in
spite of the HUGE windows all the way around that let the sun have at the
interior. If/when I get one, I think a nice velcro'd Sunbrella top you
can
stick in place on Velcro pads custom fit over the top with a cartoon
drawing of car windows full of smiling kids staring out at you and waving
would help cool it off in the parking lot....(c;

Actually, if diesel and great mileage, and not too cramped I would ownd a
second "efficient car". Really makes sense for ordinary commutes. But they
do have limitations.

Talked to another owner at the mall today. He was thrilled with it and
has
owned it for nearly 4 months. His is bright red with black trim. He says
it gets really hot with all the black interior and those huge windows
sitting in the sun, but blow that hot air out and run the AC cools it off
in a fair amount of time for such a little engine.....

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14826
Here in the South, we have many ways of keeping our cars cool all
summer....Some even work when the car is parked at WalMart like this one!

LOL. That was a hoot. Bet too it was cheaper with the generator than
getting the original fixed. That CFC or old A/C fluid is part of the past
for the most part.

....and resemblance to the CBC Possum Lodge van installations is purely
coincidental....(c;

Never saw that. CBC, you must be a fortunate Canadian GC holder who didn't
have an old man that was a US citizen/tax evader holding you up with INS.
Discovered of course on my GC application and when my now estranged and
deceased father got nabbed at the border that I found out years later. Now
I know why he didn't want me to go to the US to make 2 times the gross and 3
times the net for a more efficient economy. Probably slipped a bit. But
love the US... Left when my H1B ran out. Oh well. They were good times.
Wisconsin fishing, don't get me started. Need to win the lotto 649 and I
will be there for 2 weeks nailing Coho, King, Steelhead, Walleye and Bass
until my bursitis kicks. That is, see the doc, then do Minnesota. For the
winter, lake Okeechobee for the winter. Spent Christmas once there nailing
so many Crappie I could count them. Missed that elusive big mouth though.

Need to convince the wife to let me retire early to Rainy River.