Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default Soul searching about a sailor in trouble

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 15:58:06 -0400, wrote:

First you have to be dumb enough to use old tires for fenders.

I don;t know. Sure are a lot of boats using them... maybe somebody
knows something we don;t know?

The masses often make foolish choices. Just because you see a lot of boats doing
it, doesn't make it smart. It may even increase the odds that it's stupid.

Thank you. It appears that I and many others are obviously not smart
and are stupid.

Apart from using commercially available small boat fenders for which
the aforementioned conditions would warrant too many to be able to
stow or utulise afterwards, the only other option I can come up with
is not to sail to these places or stay at home.

Is there another option that has somehow missed the masses in their
"dumb enough" emulation of each other?

regards
Peter