gk

Default small outboard on canoe

I had once a 1.5 Johnson 1969 and moved a Gheenoe 15' very nice,more
than half trotle gave me only more noise, no more speed

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 03:15:04 GMT, Walt wrote:

Im thinking about putting a small 3.5 hp 2 stroke outboard on the square
tansom of a 16 foot long canoe.

My intention is to extend my paddling exploring range by using the
outboard motor to go the three to five miles to where I want to paddle.
At times, the canoe may have 2 adults and 2 kids.

Im expecting that this arrangement will cruise along at maybe 5 mph and
that going to higher horse power (say 5 hp) wont really buy me much in
speed. I also like the weight of the 3.5 hp 2 stroke outboard at 35
pounds which makes it very portable.

Ive never used this arrangement before and hopefully can find out
beforhand if it will do about what Im expecting.

Any coments or experience would be appreciated.

Wally Hall
Denver