Canuck57[_3_] Canuck57[_3_] is offline

Default GM loses big-time

"Larry" wrote in message

GM took back all the EV-1's because the DEALERS were furious it didn't
need
so much SERVICE at their overpriced shops. The lucky people who road
tested them for a year loved them and begged GM to sell their cars to
them.
GM said no and sent around the repo companies to steal them back when the
testers refused to turn them in.

GM is the stupidest elephant on the planet....

GM, my guess will be bankrupt inside of 16 months if not bought out. The
only thing holding them up is would you want to be the banker to go to your
boss and say guess what, we are just about to have a multi-billion dollar
default? How they can eat a loss like this with the debt load... has to
hurt. In fact, bankers probably are moving in now (if they were smart).

Chrysler has been quiet as of late. But the private equity partners via
Cerberus Capital Management in the Chrysler deal must be livid. They seem
to be restructuring (shell game) putting possible winners into one pool and
liabilities in another. Sort of like dump the dogs into one company and let
it die. While the other one takes off. Legal yes, moral, not so sure. The
20B+ pension liability is a dog. I feel sorry for those that will get the
pension burn here.

Ford, hard to tell. They are on a knifes edge but the only Detroit 3 that
has much of a chance if any. Depends if the "family" can motivate lethargic
management and kick some union ass real hard. Tata would like a peace of
their market and the competition fierce.

I wouldn't invest in these three unless they were well timed shorts. Looks
like a company I left in 1995 is also drowning more shareholder value,
NorTel. But that is another story.