Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Some Put-In-Bay Pics

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 18:09:20 -0400, hk wrote:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...na-fishing.jpg

Dali's Tuna Fishing

Hey, I knew tuna, and I still eat tuna.
That's not tuna.
Maybe tuna salad in a bad deli.
Ever hear the joke about Picasso having his estate
taken over by home invaders who robbed him?
He drew the police a sketch of the perps.
Can't remember the punch line, but if anybody knows it please post.
Regarding photos, Photoshop is a toy for those who like to play.
The "best" photos are always the result of subject, composition and
light when shot.
When I was interested in photography the pros always said keep your
camera and mind's eye ready for the right moment, and shoot, shoot,
shoot.
Do that, and you'll get some shots that astound you.
Sort of like the million monkeys pounding out Shakespeare, but not
quite that extreme.
That's all my opinion of course, and you know what they say.....

--Vic

Its funny that you mention that. My wife takes some very interesting and
sometimes breathtaking pictures, yet has never taken any photography courses
or instruction. I know virtually nothing about photography, but when she
first got Harry's camera and started "composing", she would take forever to
take a shot. Remembering some advice that a pro told me once, I suggested
that she stop trying to get the *perfect* shot, and just take a gazillion of
them, as fast as the camera would process the previous.
I think you get much more interesting and natural pictures that way,
particularly portraits, and they don't have that "posed" look.

Eisboch