posted to alt.sailing.asa
Greg Hall Greg Hall is offline

Default This group should have an OT policy

"Steve Leyland" wrote in
:

Once upon a time in a magickal land far far away the being called
stirred from its deep slumber and pronounced to usenet:

: On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:36:02 -0700, "Capt. JG"
: wrote:
:
: : wrote in message
: : ...
: : : On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:53:56 -0400, Matt Colie
: : : wrote:
: : :
: : : : Though the name of the group is "alt.sailing.asa" there is not
: : : : actually very much content that has to do with sailing.
: : : :
: : : : What does have to do with sailing is hard to find.
: : : :
: : : : Two unmoderated groups that I regularly read have a good group
: : : : policy that is self policed (though it is starting to break
: : : : down in one). Threads that are of topic, but do not start the
: : : : subject line with "OT" or "OT:" are simply not replied to and
: : : : the thread drops. (Writers that persist are filtered by most
: : : : of us.) One of these groups loses half its message count when
: : : : I open it because the OT filter cans that much.
: : : :
: : : : Don't bother to respond to this.
: : : :
: : : : Either act on it or don't.
: : : :
: : : : It will not matter to me as I unchecked this group a couple of
: : : : years ago because there was so little content and lots of name
: : : : calling. I just stopped by this time to see if there was
: : : : anything of interest. . . .
: : : :
: : : : Matt Colie
: : :
: : : Your post is off topic for this group.
: : :
: : :
: :
: :
: : Har! Matt is of course right on. This group suffers from troll
: : fatique. We all know who does it, and this was the result. I hope
: : he's proud of himself.
:
:
: At this point it's moot. You, me and Matt are probably the only
: visitors here today. Trolls are everywhere in usenet, yet never take
: hold in some groups. The regulars here just didn't deal with them
: very well. Hopefully they will learn from the experience and not
: repeat it elsewhere.

you can blame your resident netKKKop jonathan ganz for the disruption
in which I was involved.
instead of doing the sensible thing and simply ignoring trolls, ganz
took it upon himself to write numerous unfounded complaints to NSP
abuse departments, which is a guaranteed usenet recipe for the
attention of the meowers.

hopefully as a group you will learn by his mistakes and ostracize that
****wit.

It'll be a cold day in hell when one ****wit ostracizes another
****wit!!! These godforsaken peeps in this froup seem to enjoy throwing
their lot in with known netKKKops like jonathan gaynz. Even when they
experience the results -- the smoking crater effect -- they STILL don't
get a clue.

--
Gregory Hall