Canuck57[_3_] Canuck57[_3_] is offline

Default GM loses big-time

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Canuck57" wrote in message
news:RROkk.50596$nD.3370@pd7urf1no...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Although dismal financial results, the bulk of the "losses" are write
offs and charges to re-tool for the manufacture of more smaller, fuel
efficient cars for the US market.

They have been retooling for 4 decades.

WTF.

Sounds horrible, and I am not making light of the problems, but it's not
as bad as the media (and you) are making it out to be.

Worse, bankrupt GM.

GM is toast.

I'll try again.

Automakers build what the consumer buys.

Eisboch

Can GM build these?

http://jalopnik.com/343003/the-2500-...eiled-in-india

Doubtful, they would have to price them for $25,000 not $2500. Easier to
import them. Once the India market is saturated, maybe they will. I also
hear China has a 4x4 SUV for under $10K.

I think given people are not making more, the expensive cars are over priced
Dodo birds. Because people are on to this, if I buy a GM piece of crap, why
pay the price when a Tata piece of crap will do?

GM has been out of touch too long. Looking at the Chrysler lots here in
town, I suspect Chrysler too is in deep - deep trouble. Too much expensive
inventory. And local market conditions are relatively good.

GM is just waiting for chapter 11. The time has come like computers and
TVs, to import cars as North American made is just too expensive.

The thing is, Tata has the same attitude as Henry Ford did.

Mind you, all that being said you will not get my F150 out of my hands, it
pulls the boat. Just facing the facts that most people can't afford the
expensive depreciating iron/plastics any more.