Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_2_] Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default GM loses big-time

hk wrote:
Larry wrote:
hk wrote in news:zrednWQ0jPFAjA7VnZ2dnUVZ_h-
:

Apparently the management at Yamaha is a bit more attuned to
customers than to paying that 25-cent quarterly dividend. Oh...I'm
not claiming that the Japanese outboards are "flawless," nor are the
companies that produce them.

Your Yamaha is about as Japanese as the Japanese steak house over by
the mall. Your Yamaha was made HERE. His Evinrude was made THERE....(c;

No, I don't know where the Yamaha plant is for the Northeast....

The company is Japanese. I have no idea where the motor was "made." I
suspect its pieces and parts were collected from around the world and
the engine itself was "assembled" in one location. Or something like that.

There are no more new Evinrudes, just as there are no more new Indian
motorcycles. The lineage of both is dead and buried; just the name
survives.

Remember when you talked disparagingly about anyone who would buy a
Japanese car or engine when someone was talking about a Honda 4 stroke?
I think you said someone about "From the people who brought you Pearl
Harbor".