Lew Hodgett

Default Bilge pump switches

Keith wrote:

I use a groco air switch. A tube runs down into the bilge and the switch

is
mounte 3' away. You can adjust the switch sensitivity to get it to do
whatever you want. It's basically a big diapharam switch like a washer

uses
to sense when the tub is full.

Commonly known as a "bubbler". Used at one time by the waste water industry
to control pumps in lift stations.

Very old and not very reliable technology which is why is is no longer used
in modern installations.

"Dazed and Confuzed" writes:

Any suggestions for a bilge pump switch that will activate at about 1.5"
water level and shut of at less than 3/4"? Of course reliability counts.
I remember that everyone is unhappy with the Rule products.

The float switch has not been invented that is reliable but it is the only
technology that is low cost enough to sell in the consumer marine market.

There is reliable technology available for this application. Prices start
about $500 USD.

Let me know if you are interested.

--
Lew