Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default GM loses big-time

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 19:17:45 -0400, hk wrote:

In later years, the Johnson and Evinrude
brand names had some products identical under the cover and some
different. I recall a 5-1/2 hp Johnson, a 7-1/2 hp Evinrude, a 10 hp
Johnson, a 15 and 18 hp Evinrude. I believe both lines had 25 hp
engines. I think from that point on, both lines had the same engines
under different hoods and in different colors.

We had a 51/2 Evinrude. It was a fiftieth anniversary model, whatever
year that was. There were no sizes unique to either brand. The only
discernable difference on any of them was the outer cover. I was there
and went to the boat stores and everything.