Leo

Default Okoume in strip-planking

"Paolo Zini" wrote:

Price is still too high: 800-1000 Euro / cube meter.

1000 euro for what? green wood, plank or strips? It would be different...
Anyway 1000 euro/cube meter is interesting...

Price is for planks.
I wish it will reduce dramatically in few years ;-)

Last year, I was evaluating Woods designs and I have requested the price
for WRC, planks to be cut in strips, and it was higher... and I was

forced
to go the extreme north or to extreme south of Italy to find some WRC.

I did not find any merchant with WRC in stock, in South Italy
Could'You send me their address in private, if You have still them ?
You know, for my costumers ;-) (leave "s" from nautikits dot com).

For a cat similar to the one that I am building (cat 254 from Fisher)
1 M^3 of wood is more than enough for hulls, if memory helps...
I would gather more info...

Yes, almost two boats ;-)
If You like, I will send You the pouwlonia.it reply in attachment (about
600Kb with a .pdf document).

A comment... Designs like Dudley Dix radius chine, can be built using
strip planking for the chine sections, in place of cold molded panels...
You agree? :-)

Maybe for the larger boats like the Didi 40cr.
I should ask Dudley ( who is moving his office to U.S.A. in these days).
But I think Radius Chine is a very fast and simple method for plywood.
Recently Dudley drew a wood version of his fine Vickers 45AC, with a layer
of strip planking.

Ciao
Leo