HK HK is offline

Default GM loses big-time

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Shop wherever the hell you want. Free choice in shopping is fine if the
"public" has the ability to have influence on how its area is developed.
In our part of our rural, conservative county, we have an older Wal-Mart
store (that I've never been in), but we stopped Wal-Mart dead in its
tracks with its plans to built a "super Wal-Mart" in our area. Wal-Mart
spent a ton of money on PR and political bribes to force it way. All it
took to defeat Wal-Mart was a number of petitions signed by enough voters
to let the county pols know they'd be out on their asses if they approved
building the new store.

Your neighbors on fixed or limited incomes thank you.

Eisboch

Many retirees were the most vocal against wal-mart's plans at the county
meetings. As I stated, we already have a wal-mart.

This is not a highly affluent county, by the way. It's still mostly
rural, thank god.