posted to alt.sailing.asa
Matt Colie[_5_] Matt Colie[_5_] is offline

Default This group should have an OT policy

Though the name of the group is "alt.sailing.asa" there is not actually
very much content that has to do with sailing.

What does have to do with sailing is hard to find.

Two unmoderated groups that I regularly read have a good group policy
that is self policed (though it is starting to break down in one).
Threads that are of topic, but do not start the subject line with "OT"
or "OT:" are simply not replied to and the thread drops. (Writers that
persist are filtered by most of us.) One of these groups loses half its
message count when I open it because the OT filter cans that much.

Don't bother to respond to this.

Either act on it or don't.

It will not matter to me as I unchecked this group a couple of years ago
because there was so little content and lots of name calling. I just
stopped by this time to see if there was anything of interest. . . .

Matt Colie