Glenn Ashmore

Default Norwegian cargo vessel hitting ------

The ship was a rock carrier designed to place riprap around oil
platforms. It had silos that fed a conveyor in the bilge so the COG was
a bit higher than most vessels. There was a report that the ballast
tanks were empty while the ship transited a narrow channel which greatly
limited its stability range. The ship scraped a reef causing some hull
damage on the port side.

Speculation is that as the ship snagged on the rocks it was pulled
rapidly to port and the enertia of the cargo caused the ship to heel to
starboard past its limit of stability.

P.C. wrote:
Hi

This first class vessel with a crew at atleast 24 hit "somthing" in a
norwegian fjord. The vessel instantly turned upside down halve the crew
suffered.
Problem is that there is nothing to "hit" in that fjord, people seen the
vessel suddenly just leaning over and turning upside down in an instant.

http://www6.nrk.no/galleri/bildegall...et&banner=hord
aland&h=650&w=650

Why so big a crew, what did it hit a russian sub, most unlikely.
A Unidentified floating object ?

P.C.

--
Glenn Ashmore