[email protected] r@back.road is offline

Default Garmin

DK wrote:
Garmin Ltd. cut its sales forecast nearly in half today to 23 percent
growth from a prior guidance of 42 percent. The company also missed
analyst estimates for earnings of $1.01 per share by posting
second-quarter profits of 94 cents a share. Garmin stock (GRMN) traded
down sharply today, losing approximately 22%.

I'm glad I got out at the end of 2007. The auto GPS market was becoming
saturated. They still put out first class products.

It's their own fault. They sell them with a promise of the first upgrade
free. tain't so.
Doesn't matter the maps are all out of date. A long section I40 isn't
there in NC.
Tried to use ot for a shortest route. It wanted to take us up the old
stagecoach road. It wasn't passible since lumber company buldozers took
off half a hill side in the 70s.
Went looking for a RV park. It took us off the Interstate, over 1 block
over three blocks and back out 3 blocks on the original route.
In NC it took us down one block over a block or two and up and around a
number of blocks and back out 2 blocks down on the route we intended ot
take anyway.
Sec tions of road that have been there at least 20 years show as fields.
Some routes it wants us to take are fields. Some of the routes it wants
us to take use to be roads as indicated by the line of power poles but
are now corn fields.
If you are tired and it is late you might find yourself turning into
the river or someone's driveway.
The bitch in a box needs someone updating their software not sitting on
their butts and regurgitating century old maps.