HK HK is offline

Default Quiet night last night...

Larry wrote:
John H. wrote in
:

Today the temp is supposed to hit 95 degrees. Should be a great day for
golf. With a 7:30 tee time, I'd better get a move on.

I can vision the boys back in Belorussia telling everyone that it's so hot
in America all the Americans stay indoors in their air conditioned homes
and riding in their air conditioned cars....(c;

Russian TV plays lots of spaghetti westerns from the 1960's. They all
think we carry sixguns strapped to our legs...

It's one thing to bring kids from poor countries here for needed medical
treatment they cannot get at home, and quite another to waste thousands
of dollars to bring healthy kids here for a "vacation." An airline
ticket alone is probably $2500. Belarus is not so isolated from the
European world that needy kids couldn't be taken to a terrific seaside
or mountain camp for a month of fun. I don't get the point of bringing
kids from impoverished homes here for two weeks of relatively luxurious
living in America and then sending them back to their hovels.